Monday, March 31, 2014

Where is my daughter, because the girl who is sassing me can't be her!

Where is my daughter, because the girl who is sassing me can't be her! 


This is what I have been thinking for about a week. I brought Izabelle to the neuro last Monday to show him the 50+ seizure videos that I captured and proved that YES my child is that .01 or .001% that gets MORE seizures instead of a decrease or no change at all with certain medications. I love our neuro but what did he do??? UP THE MEDICATION DOSE. What did I end up with??? A obstanant destructive child at home who multiple times this week has caused damage to her home and almost to herself. And myyyyyy did she sass me! What's worse is no behavior modification trick that I learned in nine years of teaching works... Toss the marble jar, sticker chart, prize bin, time out...out the window!!! And what did I replace it with??? Confinement to her room. I removed her door in seconds, placed the bed on the floor and removed most breakable objects. I called the neuro and pediatrician Thursday last week and demanded that we stop Felbamate, the newest medication. Her last dose was at 7am this morning... He says I have 72 hours until it's out of her system. I CANT WAIT 72 HOURS!!! I want my daughter BACK NOW!!!! Ahhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment