Sunday, March 16, 2014

More med changes...

I'm going to go backwards instead this time: Just got off the phone with an on call doctor from Maine Med Neurology. Izzy has had two nights in which she has had flurries of seizures lasting 8-10 minutes. Tonight she was stuck in a seizure for 8 minutes. I caught it on video with my new Seizure app. Afterwards she used the loo then I cradled her for a few minutes on the floor for she was worn out a bit. I AM COMING TO BELIEVE THAT THE LAST TWO MEDS HAVE CAUSED A INCREASE IN IZABELLE'S SEIZURES INSTEAD OF DECREASING THEM... But doctors know best or so they should and the on call doctor says this may be a rebound off of the last med that failed her (Vimpat). Not so happy once again. No matter what Izabelle will have to do this med trial. It's either now or during the ketogenic diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment