Thursday, March 27, 2014

Time to change schools...

Yesterday Izabelle's school held a individualized education plan meeting to discuss her current needs. Izabelle's doctors and I have pushed for a one on one aide along with a seizure action plan that includes CPR/First Aide if needed in an emergency. 

Decisions basically state that they cannot provide the services needed for Izabelle at current school location in which I work. They would like to reevaluate Izabelle after she gets back from her boston children's stay on May 1st to make a final decision. If they decide that she hasn't made much growth academically then shed go into a self contained classroom in another building. The only choice in the RSU would be another school further north which is totally inconvenient. I would at this time transfer her to Nobleboro School but they don't have the programming so it sounds like Jefferson Village School would be a better fit.

I have decided to get the ball rolling for Izabelle's school transfer now. I have contacted all the powers that be in our home district and am awaiting reply. A change in schools with only two months of school left is rediculous. I want to secure proper programming for Izabelle ASAP. 

I'm pushing forward with this one the best way I know how. There is more to the story then this but the time for action is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment