Monday, March 31, 2014

Letting it all sink in...

'Your daughter DOES have special needs' keeps running through my head from the IEP meeting last Wednesday. Not only that... but she needs a SELF-CONTAINED classroom and a life skills program.

No not my child...
Yes, feel free to slap me.
This is brutal honesty. 

Did I think this is where I would be today...? The mother of a child with very difficult to control seizures who's academic learning is impared to the point of being pulled out of the main stream classroom! I thought everything would go fine in kindergarten...that she'd catch up. She learns and regresses, learns and regresses, learns and regresses... Just like the medications... We always struggle and end up right where we began... At square one. These seizures have taken such a toll on my daughters system. Her short term and long term memories are intermittent...she forgets what she's doing at times in seconds...

My child is different then the rest. 

She's special and strong and spunky and yes oh so sassy! 
She's a jump roping queen!
She's a rock star! Loves Katy Perry and the Smashing Pumpkins.
She loves and cares for animals. She can own her own animal shelter some day!
She's a diver a splasher a fish!!
She's empathetic and kind. The best friend.
She's an awesome sharer. Better than some fourteen year olds I kno!
She's a lover a hugger a kisser on the cheeker!
She's beautiful. Beautiful because shes been through more than many at such a young age. She takes it all in stride! Bet your game face doesn't compare!
She's my best teacher... Always pushing me to do my best.
She's my wonderful daughter.
I'll do anything for her happiness. 
Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment