Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I'm not just mad, I'M PISSED OFF!!!


I am fed up with DHHS, I'm fed up with nursing companies, I'm fed up with private companies that have stopped offering pediatric services because of lack of FUNDING (yea, including MOBIUS, down the street)! I'm fed up with being told that there isn't a soul to service my child within any agency in Maine. I'm sick of hearing NO!

We have had Mainecare since April of 2014. Sequel Care of Maine and Maxim health have been looking for a nurse for Izabelle since then. Not only do they publish our need within their company, but they also send it out to every single nursing company within the state.

I called Kristine Bennett from the Epilepsy Foundation of New England two days ago to see if she had any other ideas for in home care. She called the state on my behalf...

I heard from them today. It is clear that the DHHS and private companies are NOT on the same page. Every piece of info the state worker gave me on the phone was either conflicting with what I already knew or related to something I have done over and over again.

What am I supposed to do?

Knock down the door of every freaking nursing company in Maine?

What's the point, when they have already gotten a message that we have needed someone since last year and not sent anyone our way? PLUS... I found out today that the state doesn't even recommend leaving pediatric patients alone with RN's... What the hell!!!

It also turns out that Izabelle's most recent medical eval is 6 months old. She was doing better six months ago... now were are up to 6-7 GRAND MALS a week... her condition has worsened.  I have a letter from her neuro to prove it but... agencies won't re-evaluate Izabelle unless they have a nurse waiting to take our case. Kristine Bennett from the Epilepsy Foundation of New England said herself that there is a NURSING SHORTAGE in Maine.

The most frustrating thing is that I know first hand how much our state does for disabled adults...

shame on them for not even doing half of it for children!


1 comment:

  1. I have nothing to say but great things about our pediatric therapy sessions. My son got hurt in baseball and was walking with crutches. The nurses took extra care and made hsi therapy fun. He was looking forward to going each day and as back on the field before the team made it to the playoff run and the series.

    Paul Quinn @ Med Care Pediatric

    ReplyDelete