Thursday, March 12, 2015

Letter to Senator Johnson


Hello Senator Johnson, 

We have met through RSU 12, as I am the GT coordinator and teacher there. 

In addition, I am raising a disabled seven year old child with refractory epilepsy. It is my intention to speak with or write a letter to a Maine senator or house representative regarding Maine's failing healthcare system and it's negative affect on working families. I, along with many other hard working Mainers have been faced daily with the decision of wether to continue working or stay home and take care of our disabled children. Our family has been promised up to 24 hours of in home nursing from the Department of Human Services. We have been fighting for a year to find someone. This is not only due to a dysfunctional health care system, but also to a possible pediatric nursing shortage. I am amazed at what disabled adults in this state are getting for behavioral and medical services meanwhile, funding for disabled children are being cut. Please let me know what I can do to be an advocate for other families like ours in the beautiful state of Maine. 

Thanks for your time, 

Sincerely, Rachel S. Hamlin

No comments:

Post a Comment