Friday, January 23, 2015

They told me ...

Some days, I just don't know how I'm still standing. 

These seizure full days play with my ability to stay balanced, whole and healthy... They interrupt work, play and our basic needs. 

The society we live in is not set up to support a family in crisis like this. The fragile human faculty can only carry so much load at once before collapsing. Life in America for middle class workers is a pressure cooker, let alone throw in a incurable illness. 

They told me I make too much money for food stamps or free health ins. 

They told me I make too much money to draw from Izabelle's social security.

I proved to the state that Izabelle's condition was so bad that we needed secondary insurance. 

I proved to the state that Izabelle deserves both nursing and behavioral services. 

What happens? The govenor cuts funding that helps children like mine. No one wants split shifts before and afterschool so we pay out of pocket.

We prove we need more help and get respite care services just to find out no one can service us in the rural area in which we live.

What am I learning...

I know just how little income i need to make in order to get state assistance... $23,500 or less.

If you live somewhere rural, you don't get help... So move to a city. 

Being a single mom is impossible in this situation so find someone to live with fast... 

Family should come first but my own biological family is too busy and caught up in their own lives to help. My new family is my community. 

I'm done with the idea of the American Dream. Fuck that shit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment