Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wish Granted

After a doctors visit in Wiscasset on Thursday last week, I decided to stop at the local animal shelter to fill out a wish list for a new dog. At the top of my list was pug and number seven was beagle. I handed in my paperwork to Peggy, the woman at the counter, and said that she had just the dog I had described and brought out Pearl, a beautiful 3 year old, spayed female. It was love at first sight. 

I adopted her on Saturday with the hope of training her to be not only a therapy dog but also a seizure alert dog!!!

This was Izabelle's first time meeting Pearl!!!

This is my adoption picture!

She is wonderful with Izabelle.

We have already started to work toward some of our goals. 


We have all been sleeping together so Pearl can become accustomed to sleeping with Izabelle. 

Next I will train Pearl to sleep in Izabelle's bed. 

So far, during Izabelle's most recent seizure at my house, I called Pearl over to sit with us so she could smell Izabelle. When the seizure seiced, Pearl and Izabelle sat on the couch together for the postictal period. I was impressed by how well Pearl did. I was also grateful for the soothing act of petting a dog during this hard time. 

Many wishes have been coming true. 

Our new fur baby has completed our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment