Friday, January 23, 2015

Exhausted all my sick time. Again.

Letter to my supervisors:

Rough seizure morning again. I hope she will snap out of it. I need to call out: I was to teach at Whitefield, take my child to a new psychiatrist in Rockland then retrieve her new medication in Auburn... All in one day, and we are moving into a new apartment tomorrow (I have sold my house to have more time and money to take care of my child). I gave Izabelle emergency seizure medication to stop any more from coming. This happened Wednesday except my mother in law retrieved her so I could teach and finish a formal observation at Windsor. Seizures come unannounced and knock us out for the count. Leaving her like this goes against all of my motherly instincts. I'm sorry my child's illness interrupts my ability to be a consistently present employee. There is no cure and the doctors say her condition is worsening as she grows. Dr. Morrison, Maine Med Neurology, will be faxing a doctor's note. I know I'm out of sick time and cannot take any more until March 24th 2015. Until then, I will need permission to take leave with out pay when necessary. 

I'm waiting for solace. 



The animals all know to lay with her now when she's in recovery. 



1 comment:

  1. Calling out of work to care for a sick child is something parents must do. If the parent is not available to care for the child, who else will do it. Unfortunately, employers have a hard time with this when the employee runs out of sick days. There should be a way that parents who are really caring for a sick child can spend the time to help the child be healthy again.

    Terry Roberson @ MedCare Pediatric

    ReplyDelete