Friday, December 13, 2013

Snow Changes our Travel Plans

           It's winter and per usual, snow gets in the way of travel so I decided to leave one day early. Spent the whole day with a feeling of anxiousness. I couldn't stop for even a minute until now. I called Boston Children's Family housing and luckily secured us a room at the Yawkley Family Inn a few blocks away from the hospital. Checked in with admitting to make sure that we were still on for our slot for Sunday. You never know. This summer we had appt. to be admitted to Barbara Bush and we got bumped to a later date after rearranging my work schedule to accommodate our admission. I of course do not want to travel to Boston for nothing so I'm glad I called.   A few days ago a nurse from the radiology department called to interview me. Basic questions about Izabelle's current heath etc… and then explained that my little girl will be going through three different tests that require anesthesia via IV. I will never forget the experience we had in Boston for Izabelle's second MRI waiting in recovery for her to wake up. You say goodbye to your child for an hour or more, then struggle to get them to come back to consciousness all the time with fear in the back of your mind that something might go wrong. You watch as she sleeps motionless under dim light.
I like to think that Izabelle's spirit visits God for a bit and then comes straight back to me just like she did on the day of her birth. Once we got Izabelle to wake up, she had a hard time walking. I had to wheel her to the car in a wheel-chair and couldn't help but wonder what people were thinking of us as we made it across busy city streets to the parking garage. Now, I get to go through this three separate times… minus the wheel-chair and car ride back to Maine. No fun for us Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Keep us in your prayers in the morning to early afternoon those days.  Time to pack!


No comments:

Post a Comment