Wednesday, December 18, 2013

No fun, and that's putting it lightly...

Today I questioned myself as to why we are putting my child through torturous tests that mess with her bodies equilibrium. Not only is my child off all her seizure meds but she's being poked and prodded multiple times daily by strangers none the less, not allowed to eat for extended periods of time, she has no space to play and if she did she wouldn't go far because of multiple leads for EKG EEG and IV, her sleep pattern is being messed with... And I could go on and on. Today Sucked royally. Izzy was awake until almost 2am, woke up at 7:15am to her longest recorded seizure which lasted seven minutes. She wouldn't talk to me for what seemed like forever. Her postictal period was so long. She slumped down and slept again until 10:15am where she awoke this time to stomach pain and threw up. The doctors decided that we would try for another ICTAL spect as yesterday's was off by 10 seconds. No food today again until after the procedure. Torture. Torture I tell u... Today's scan ended up being INTRA ICTAL meaning they did not catch a seizure in the time provided to redo yesterday's test... So... We get to do this all over again tomorrow. Yay...NOT!!!! Double GRR.... Izzy is in good spirits anyway. She is amazing!!! This is what she looked like when we arrived in the scan room:

No comments:

Post a Comment