Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dr. Bergin finally visits

Last night around eight o clock Dr. Bergin our neurologist at Boston Children's paid us a visit. Izabelle was wired, stir crazy and of course interrupted the conversation endlessly to fight for attention. From what I understand the team of doctors and nurses will be making a final presentation of Izabelles case in the next four to five weeks. At this point it is not convincing that Izabelle is a surgical candidate...unofficially that is. Right now izabelle is suffering from seizures originating in the frontal and temporal lobes. The seizure tends to radiate out to both hemispheres. During Izabelle's big event yesterday the left side of the frontal lobe lit up on the EEG. It looks like we might make some med changes upon our departure. Dr Bergin said that it is evident that Izabelle's current meds are somewhat effective. I assume she may up the doses on those and add something new. I'm still trying to figure out more details and will report out as I know more. As of now our third late night adventure looks to be a success. I was able to ensure that Izabelle was sleeping at the time of her Iv
set up. She had a seizure around eight am and I believe the Isotope was administered in a timely manner. Human error plays a big part...the nursing staff must act fast. Izabelle is still sleeping soundly in her bed as I type to the rhythmic beep of her IV machine... I've been awake since four am and look forward to sleeping in my own bed soon.


MOMENTS AFTER WRITING THIS THE DOCTORS CAME TO TELL ME THAT THE INJECTION WAS TOO LATE AGAIN.... NO TEST TODAY BUT ILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SAME ROUTINE TOMORROW. SHOULD BE SLEEPING IN OUR OWN BEDS BY SATURDAY NIGHT NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment