Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Did I jinx it?

This is my beautiful girl minutes before a seizure. I really was crossing my fingers and knocking on wood that we would go longer then five days seizure free on our first week of trialing Banzel. She was so clear and coherent today. Silly and happy as ever! I thought for sure the clarity would mean more time seizure free or at least lessening of seizure symptoms... These pharmas always change clinical signs or in other words the physical characteristics of a seizure. This one began as a 9-10 minute stare, some eye flutters, some twitching, heavy breathing and some semi-conscious behavior. She could track her father's movement with her eyes at times. I feel like everytime she has a long complex partial or focal seizure, I don't know when to use the rescue medicine. I hate the side effects of diastat, so this time I thought I'd try some activated THC oil. I only used 5mg and there was no change. The stare turned into a grand mal. Clearly a worse seizure. I really hope that her seizures DONT become even more severe. We've been down that road many times before. Med. Trials Suck!
I knocked on a lot of wood today, at Chrissy's diner and the walls and tables at home... I dare not say 'she's doing really well!' because I swear this happens. On a positive note, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my daughter today! We had so much fun fooling around. She was definitely 'hamming' it up! I had my daughter back for a couple days, she wasn't in a medicated fog and I devoured every second...

(Now, how am I going to get evening meds into this kid...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment