Thursday, January 30, 2014

The world is crashing down…but life must go on

The world seems to be crashing down around you...meanwhile you have high hopes that your special needs child will cooperate but we all know in the real world that that is not humanly possible. My epileptic and special needs child is my barometer. If I'm stressed she's stressed, if I need space…she needs to be attached to me like glue…this also goes in the other direction…If I'm ecstatic, she's ecstatic…if I am jolly, she is jolly. 

but
I CAN'T ALWAYS BE POSITIVE AND HAPPY AND SERENE. 
I am only human. 
I have needs too, 
I get stressed 
and I need help sometimes… 

We started the week with a five to ten minute seizure on Monday morning at 5am. I call this the 'Lucid Dreaming' type. Since, she has been struggling in school with attention, recognition and memory on a day to day basis. Somedays my child can't even stay focused enough to get dressed in the morning. 

We have an appoint in Portland tomorrow with our Portland Neurologist. He hopefully has received all of Izabelle's records from Boston Children's Hospital. We will discuss options of VNS, the Ketogenic Diet, Pharmaceutical and other natural options. I will be heading down alone again…

Something needs to change, somehow get less complicated. Here's to hoping that we can get her seizure free but that hope is slowly running out...

No comments:

Post a Comment