Thursday, November 26, 2015

Grateful for... discovering and caring for myself

I am so sorry I haven't added much here in a long while. Honestly, I've been on a road rediscovering myself and taking care of my own needs. Who would have thought? We, Warrior parents... get us stuck in the down position after the wind is knocked out of us... both hypothetically and literally. 

I'm 34 years old and I am so grateful that I have finally found out, that in order for this ship to sail properly, the ship needs to be consistently maintained to stay afloat. 

My foundation is finally stable. I have confidence, I have faith and I have abundant joy in my daily life despite Izabelle's struggle.

You see, no one gave me a choice of weather or not I wanted to lead this path as a parent/individual. I believe this is my life test, my mission set forth by a higher power (possibly) and it's my job to conquer it, not submit to it. 

My mission is to continue fighting for a cure for epilepsy with all my might. I was chosen to be my child's hero and champion. 

In order to fulfill this mission, my body, mind and spirit need to be healthy. 

I created a Facebook page called Selfcare for Warriormamas


The purpose of this creation was not only to remind myself to take time for self care but also to help other women to remember to think of themselves first... 
not second...  
What a foreign concept? Self-first? 

Please join us!





No comments:

Post a Comment