Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Theft of Time

In the middle of writing this post on FACEBOOK last night, to share Izabelle's first night of Hanukkah with friends and family, Izabelle began to seize as she enjoyed her first Hanukkah present, a trampoline, fully equipped with handles and padding... I ran to her and laid her down on her side in the middle of her new toy, then carried her to the couch, only to watch her drift off to sleep, literally minutes after she had just been gleefully jumping up and down on her newest toy. 

When it all settled in, I couldn't help but feel short changed, like time was stolen from both Izabelle and myself on the first night of a Holiday that I equivalate with Christmas morning.
The seizure stole the first night of Hanukkah, without any warning or avail! I became angry at the world and at God for a moment. 

Why would someone steal this moment from my innocent daughter? I know all the possible responses I may elicit from others such as, 'be happy with what you have', 'it could be worse', 'at least there are seven more days of Hanukkah'. 

I don't really care. I hate this disorder. I hate the POWERLESSNESS! 

She didn't ask for this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment